Posted on March 12, 2021 by Gentle Dental Care Team
Toothaches are an annoying burden to anyone who suffers from them. Whether you get them all the time or its a one and done event, figuring out the best ways to deal with them can be hard. Gentle Dental prides itself on providing the absolute best services to its customers. That means helping them relieve their pain in the instant they realize it’s there.
When you have a toothache, the most common solution is to grab some Orajel out of your bathroom cabinet. But, there are many more remedies that just might help you even more. So, here are 5 proven toothache remedies that will let you go through your day pain-free.
5 Proven Toothache Remedies
Pain management is the process of dulling your pain so that all you feel is comfort through the night.
- Over-the-counter pain medication: Typical medications like ibuprofen or Aleve just might be the easy solution to your toothache that you’ve been looking for. These remedies are good to help ease minor aches and pains from your toothache. Additionally, like we mentioned before, if you like to stick to the known, then reach for that over-the-counter Orajel immediately.
- Rinse with mouthwash: As a result of the antibiotic effects mouthwash has, rinsing your mouth with it during a toothache just might help. Doing so helps to eliminate any bacteria contributing to the toothache. More than that, it can act as a numbing agent and bring you much-needed relief.
- Clove: It’s widely known that essential oils and remedies are the surefire way to help with pain. There is a chemical in cloves that many dentists have been using for centuries to help with pain. You can dib a cotton swab into clove oil and put it over the gums where your pain exists, and in no time, it will fade away. Also, you can use whole cloves and place them in the affected area too.
- Garlic: Much like clove, garlic can be used in the same way to help you relieve your tooth pain in no time. Most patients often prefer natural remedies as well.
- Hydrogen Peroxide Rinse: Hydrogen peroxide rinses can also easily relieve you of any pain you might be feeling. Hydrogen peroxide effectively kills bacteria while also reducing plaque in your mouth. Many patients actually use it with their mouthwash when mixed with equal parts water. As a warning, never swallow hydrogen peroxide.
Schedule An Appointment
As always, if your tooth pain persists for longer than 2 days, give us a call. This could be a sign that we need to look at your teeth more intricately. You can reach out to us at (281) 855-1100.